zsh-workers
From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: Re: Bug in interaction with pid namespaces
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:32:06 -0800	[thread overview]

On Dec 16,  3:07pm, Chirantan Ekbote wrote:
}
} I think I've found an issue with the way zsh interacts with pid
} namespaces [1]. Specifically the problem is that when zsh is launched
} immediately following the creation of a new pid namespace it doesn't
} take ownership of the process group

There seem to be a few other potential problems with this using zsh as
the init process in a namespace; for example:

- the suspend command should never stop the shell (even with -f)

- the shell should refuse normal exit when NOHUP is set and there are
  any jobs still running (because as I understand it, it's not possible
  for any processes in the namespace to survive after the init exits)

How far down this path do we want to go?