zsh-workers
* dnf completion
@ 2014-10-27  5:37 Igor Gnatenko
From: Igor Gnatenko @ 2014-10-27  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A workers/hackers list

Hi,

I've implemented bash-completion for dnf package manager[0].
Now I switched to using zsh as my primary shell and found some cool
things, but I need completion for dnf. As I see yum functions
implemented in zsh, can you do this for dnf too? How I can help? Where
I can find documentation how to implement this completion?

[0]
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf/blob/master/etc/bash_completion.d/dnf-completion.bash

--
-Igor Gnatenko

* Re: dnf completion
@ 2014-10-27 10:25 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2014-10-27 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Gnatenko; +Cc: A workers/hackers list

Hi Igor,

Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> I've implemented bash-completion for dnf package manager[0].
> Now I switched to using zsh as my primary shell and found some cool
> things, but I need completion for dnf. As I see yum functions
> implemented in zsh, can you do this for dnf too? How I can help? Where
> I can find documentation how to implement this completion?

A  while  ago I  wrote  a  10000ft view  of  the  completion system.  It
describes  some terminology,  basics,  misconceptions  and explains  one
small completion  in further detail. It  then lists a number  of further
reading material to get you on the right track. You can find it here:

  http://bewatermyfriend.org/p/2012/003/

Hope that helps.

Regards, Frank

* Re: dnf completion
@ 2014-10-27 10:31 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2014-10-27 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A workers/hackers list

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 08:37:32 +0300
Igor Gnatenko <i.gnatenko.brain@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented bash-completion for dnf package manager[0].
> Now I switched to using zsh as my primary shell and found some cool
> things, but I need completion for dnf. As I see yum functions
> implemented in zsh, can you do this for dnf too? How I can help? Where
> I can find documentation how to implement this completion?
>
> [0]
> https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf/blob/master/etc/bash_completion.d/dnf-completion.bash

Not entirely a disinterested suggestion, but Oliver and I recommend
chapter 15 of the book From Bash to Z Shell (as well as the preceding
14). See

http://bash2zsh.com

for references to the book.  It's not online, but you can of course buy
an e-book version.

pws

* Re: dnf completion
@ 2014-10-27 12:08   ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2014-10-27 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A workers/hackers list

Peter Stephenson wrote:
[...]
> Not entirely a disinterested suggestion, but Oliver and I recommend
> chapter 15 of the book From Bash to Z Shell (as well as the preceding
> 14). See

I concur. The chapter in that book is the gentlest introduction into the
completion system that I know of.

Regards, Frank