zsh-workers
* compctl -y and complist module
@ 2000-04-21 17:06 Greg Klanderman
From: Greg Klanderman @ 2000-04-21 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh list

Hi,

Is there any way to have complist work when you use the -y option of
compctl?  It would seem that if I agree to return a display list array
exactly as long as the input list and with the display choices in the
same order this should be sufficient.  Could compctl have an option so
I can tell it that my -y function will abide by these rules?

I'm using zsh 3.1.6.

thanks,
Greg

btw- the matching control (compctl -M) is pretty darn cool!

* Re: compctl -y and complist module
@ 2000-04-25 15:04 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-04-25 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sven Wischnowsky, zsh-workers

On Apr 25, 10:05am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: compctl -y and complist module
}
} Hm, do we have to change compctl? Again? Still? Oh, help, please...

I think we don't have to change it.  The complist module doesn't have to
work with compctl; it can be considered part of new completion.

} I never liked -y, sigh.

In a way it's too bad that 3.1.<2-4> were out for so long.  I'd almost
suggest that we simply throw out everything from compctl that's not in
the 3.0 series.  Enhancing a module in the same release that we declare
it potentially obsolete is a bit strange.

* Re: compctl -y and complist module
@ 2000-04-25  8:05 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-04-25  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Greg Klanderman wrote:

> Is there any way to have complist work when you use the -y option of
> compctl?  It would seem that if I agree to return a display list array
> exactly as long as the input list and with the display choices in the
> same order this should be sufficient.  Could compctl have an option so
> I can tell it that my -y function will abide by these rules?
>
> I'm using zsh 3.1.6.

I'm very reluctant to change compctl with all the new completion stuff
in place. That, i.e. compadd, supports the -d (and -l) options to
allow to specify per-match display strings.

I never liked -y, sigh.

Hm, do we have to change compctl? Again? Still? Oh, help, please...

> btw- the matching control (compctl -M) is pretty darn cool!

Thanks.

Bye
 Sven