On Sat, Feb 18, 2017, at 09:02 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote: > You/we certainly may wish to document that it is dangerous to assume > that parent and subshell can both manipulate the tied parameter, but > it would be incorrect to automatically close the file descriptor in > either of them. I've updated docs and added "zgdbmclear" builtin as we now know GDBM is fine with concurrent access if only it can be synchronized. In Zsh this is possible via zsystem flock. I think PM_UPTODATE is a great feature as no other program can change the database. With zsystem flock and zgdbmclear, one can write a concurrent, elastic program within Zsh (a challenge, though). Also added a test case, but tests haven't been commited: ztie -d db/gdbm -f $dbfile dbase dbase[testkey]=value1 fun() { while read line; do echo $line; done } eval "dbase[testkey]=value2" | fun echo $dbase[testkey] zgdbmclear dbase testkey echo $dbase[testkey] 0:Test store in forked Zsh >value1 >value2 Best regards, Sebastian Gniazdowski