zsh-workers
* Re: Few newbie questions..
       [not found] ` <20010820124341.86411.qmail@web20308.mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2001-08-20 12:57   ` Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-08-20 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Jukka Lehti wrote:

> Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,

> > cd
> > >
> > > Hmm, it seems that cd ../..<TAB> doesn't work. I
> > can't
> > > figure out why?
> >
> > Replace the above with:
> >
> >   compctl -g "*(-/) .." cd
>
> Uh, otherwise good but "cd .d<TAB>" does not work (I
> have dir .ddd). My original rule was:
>
> compctl -g '*(-/)' + -g '*(D-/)' cd
>
> which is also disturbed after that change. :-o

Make it

  compctl -g '*(-/)' + -g '*(D-/) ..' cd

then.

Bye
  Sven

--

       [not found] ` <1010821063843.ZM20952@candle.brasslantern.com>
@ 2001-08-21 17:58   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-21 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Aug 21, I wrote:
}
} Index: Completion/Unix/Command/_man
} +  if [[ $sect = (<->*|1M|l|n) || $sect = \((*\|*)\) ]]; then

I just noticed that this means that

	zsh% man l<TAB>

won't complete what you expect, because it tries to complete manual pages
in section `l' that begin with `l'.  (This is not new with my patch.)

This means we should do something different when CURRENT==2, but I'm not
sure exactly what.  The easiest change is probably to replace

+  else
+    sect=$words[2]

with

+  elif ((CURRENT > 2))
+    sect=$words[2]

but perhaps we should actually offer to complete section numbers?

* Re: Few newbie questions..
@ 2001-08-18 22:14   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-18 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Aug 18, 11:00pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Probably _man_pages and a few others should get the treatment meted out
} to helper functions in _cvs, namely defining the function only if
} $functions[_man_pages] is not defined.

Actually, I don't like the treatment of the functions in _cvs.  It makes
it very difficult to reload the entire file, which I have occasionally
wanted to do.

If there were a simple way to un-function all the functions that are
defined in a particular file, that would be another matter.

* Re: Few newbie questions..
       [not found] <1010818032514.ZM14858@candle.brasslantern.com>
@ 2001-08-18 22:00 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2001-08-18 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Bart wrote:
> Edit ~/zshfuncs/_man to change the _man_pages helper function

Probably _man_pages and a few others should get the treatment meted out
to helper functions in _cvs, namely defining the function only if
$functions[_man_pages] is not defined.  That would save all the copying
of unnecessary bits.

By the way, I'll be away for a week from tomorrow since, unfortunately,
I have to go to a meeting on the French Rieviera.  (I shall also be away
for the week two weeks after that.)

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk>
Work: pws@csr.com