zsh-workers
* _cvs(&_arguments) bug
@ 2001-12-28  5:59 Felix Rosencrantz
From: Felix Rosencrantz @ 2001-12-28  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

There is a bug with the _cvs completion functions.  Though, I would also
say it is also bug in _arguments.

The problem occurs with the functions _cvs_update & _cvs_checkout.
The problem is that the "-A" flag does not get completed for these
sub-commands, when it should be.  The reason is that the intended "-A"
specification is being interpreted as a flag to _arguments, rather than
as a specification.

The fix is easy for the _cvs_* functions; just move the intended -A
specifications from the front of the list.

Though, I think _arguments should also be modified to provide a way to say that
there is an end to the flags being given to _arguments, and the specifications
are starting.  It's an easy mistake to make.

-FR.

http://greetings.yahoo.com

* Re: _cvs(&_arguments) bug
@ 2002-01-09  7:26 Felix Rosencrantz
From: Felix Rosencrantz @ 2002-01-09  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I wouldn't mind "-:" or "---".  I really don't like -E or dash followed by any
letter, where it could accidentally be confused again.  Whatever, solution, it
should be something that couldn't accidentally be confused.

I've been big on automatically generating _arguments calls, and would like any
solution to be something that can be applied in brain dead manner without
problem.

The _argument docs could use a little reorganizing.

-FR.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

* Re: _cvs(&_arguments) bug
@ 2002-02-19  6:49 Felix Rosencrantz
From: Felix Rosencrantz @ 2002-02-19  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Thanks Sven.  A single colon works for me.  I previously posted a patch that
fixed the problem in _cvs by reordering the arguments, so _cvs no longer has
the bug I hit.  I have some pending patches for _cvs that I want to submit
at some point.  Maybe I'll add in colons for _cvs, also.  But it might be a
while before I have time...

-FR.

http://sports.yahoo.com