zsh-workers
* missing braces or wrong indent?
@ 2019-05-11 18:04 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2019-05-11 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Just submitted a new coverity build and looked at some stuff it was
unhappy about; this isn't one of them but what is going on here?

clone.c::bin_clone
55
    if (!pid) {
	clearjobtab(0);
	ppid = getppid();
	mypid = getpid();
#ifdef HAVE_SETSID
	if (setsid() != mypid)
	    zwarnnam(nam, "failed to create new session: %e", errno);
#elif defined(TIOCNOTTY)
	    if (ioctl(SHTTY, TIOCNOTTY, 0))
	    zwarnnam(*args, "%e", errno);
	    setpgrp(0L, mypid);
#endif
	dup2(ttyfd,0);

This/these if statements look completely bogusly indented, but maybe
it's also missing braces? I can't tell because I have no idea what it
wants to accomplish.

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: missing braces or wrong indent?
@ 2019-05-13  8:47   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2019-05-13  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sat, 2019-05-11 at 20:04 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> Just submitted a new coverity build and looked at some stuff it was
> unhappy about; this isn't one of them but what is going on here?
>
> clone.c::bin_clone
> 55
>     if (!pid) {
> 	clearjobtab(0);
> 	ppid = getppid();
> 	mypid = getpid();
> #ifdef HAVE_SETSID
> 	if (setsid() != mypid)
> 	    zwarnnam(nam, "failed to create new session: %e", errno);
> #elif defined(TIOCNOTTY)
> 	    if (ioctl(SHTTY, TIOCNOTTY, 0))
> 	    zwarnnam(*args, "%e", errno);
> 	    setpgrp(0L, mypid);
> #endif
> 	dup2(ttyfd,0);
>
> This/these if statements look completely bogusly indented, but maybe
> it's also missing braces? I can't tell because I have no idea what it
> wants to accomplish.

I'd guess just the indentation; I can't see why the setpgrp() would be
particularly useful on failure.  Alternatively, possibly there could
even be an "else" before the setpgrp()?  Presumably this is rarely
compiled and even then the ioctl() doesn't usually fail so very hard to
see the effect of.

pws