zsh-workers
From: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@berkom.de>
To: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
Subject: Re: 64bit Zsh for Solaris?
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:38:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Greg Price wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 09:42:06AM +0300, Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland - wrote:
> > Greg Price writes:
> >  >
> >  > My problem is that I need a 64 bit version (i.e. compiled to produce a 64
> >  > bit binary) for Solaris. I've tried both the Sun compiler (which I would
> >  > prefer to use) and the GNU C compiler; zsh compiles fine, but it fails a
> >  > number of the tests in the test suite.
> >  >
> > As said before you don't really need 64bit binary but you can do it if
> > you like.
> >
> > file /usr/local/bin/zsh
> > /usr/local/bin/zsh:     ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped
> >
> > Here is what I did with zsh 4.0.4
> > CC=cc ./configure --enable-cflags='-xO4 -xarch=v9' --enable-ldflags='-xO4 -xarch=v9'
>
> Yep, tried that - did "make check" pass all the tests? Mine fails tests:
> A04, D01, D02, D03, E02.

Without more iformation (output) we can't tell you much about this.
But unless we introduced problems in the last couple of months, zsh
can be compiled on a LP64 architecture. In fact, most of my part of the
development from 3.0.x to 4.0 was done on a Dec Alpha (LP64, too, of
course, like every decent 64 Bit architecture).

Bye
  Sven

--
Sven Wischnowsky                          wischnow@berkom.de