zsh-workers
From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@samsung.com>
To: <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: Unset “zle_bracketed_paste” .zshrc
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:23:41 +0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2020-01-28 at 11:09 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> % zmodload -Fa zsh/datetime p:EPOCHSECONDS
> % print $EPOCHSECONDS
> 1580209515
> % zmodload -Fl zsh/datetime
> -b:strftime
> +p:EPOCHSECONDS
> -p:EPOCHREALTIME
> -p:epochtime
>
> This is another way of fixing the underlying problem --- e.g. here
> you don't need to "unset EPOCHREALTIME" because it wasn't provided
> as a feature in the first place.  You can turn on and off the
> feature as needed once the module is loaded.

I see parameters used by ZLE are only fairly weakly linked into this
mechanism, however.  At least one reason for that is because of the
unhelpfully tight linkage between ZLE and the main shell, so it's
not simply a straightforward plugin.  However, I haven't looked
further so I don't know if that's an issue with zle_bracketed_paste.
There may be some scope for rationalisation.

no doubt provides a good deal of support --- is in any case a
rather different thing from the shell loading a module to provide
its own basic features, so this may not be going anywhere particularly
useful in this case.

pws