zsh-workers
From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@samsung.com>
To: Zsh Hackers' List <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: sshfs user-side automount
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:19:21 +0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, 2020-03-16 at 18:36 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Peter Stephenson wrote on Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:11 +0000:
> >
> > (Lines are marked as "preformatted" in Evolution --- I hope that removes
> > hard spaces.)
> That seems to have made no difference.
>
> You might find it easier to run «git format-patch -1» and then attach
> the resulting file.

I can certainly do that but I'm not sure quite when this is turning
up --- may be because I have an older version of Evolution here.

> > +the default behaviour is equivalent to the following value:
> > +example(zstyle ':chwpd:sshfs:' command-path sshfs -o workaround=rename)
> According to the sshfs(1) man page, the "buflimit" workaround is
> enabled by default.
>
> Is the "buflimit" workaround enabled when sshfs(1) is invoked as «sshfs
> -o workaround=rename»?  I.e., does defaulting the "rename" workaround
> enabled effectively change sshfs(1)'s default behaviour?

My reading of the manual page is you'd need to set "nobuflimit" explicitly
to turn it off, else there wouldn't be much use for the "no" prefix,
you'd always have to list the ones you want to turn on.  So I think
the way it's done is there to fix this exact issue.

pws