$ln could have quotes in the description. For example "Run tests but don't do fail"Those are not properly handled today, since eval will complain about unmatched quotes About the current code:    print -n "'${default_target}:(Default target) ' " The extra space after the ')' is no needed. It causes no big harm, but it's not needed. Germán Riaño, Ph. D. http://GermanRiano.com Seattle, WA, USA On Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 06:41:03 PM PST, Bart Schaefer wrote: On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 5:28 PM German Riano wrote: > > Sorry, I mean '-r', not '-q'.  In other words, this seems to work: 'print -rn "'$ln' ". But (qq) looks better Is there a reason $ln could not have any single-quotes in it? The other thing puzzling me a little, is why this line (original source)   print -n "'${default_target}:(Default target) ' " has a space both inside and outside the closing single quote?  Why are both needed?  Whereas this   print -n "'$ln' " has a space only following the single quote.  Does $ln always already end in a space? I don't have and have never used ant.