zsh-workers
* TERM setting influences `case' reserved word
@ 1995-10-28 19:43 Zvi Har'El
From: Zvi Har'El @ 1995-10-28 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Z Shell Workers

Hi there,
I am using zsh 2.6-beta10, with history patches in archive/337 and 376.
I compiled it with gnu termcap 1.3 and gcc 2.7.0 on a sparcstation running
SunOS 4.1.3. I have a very surprizing problem. Certain settings of the TERM
environment variable make the `case' reserved word change its behaviour, and a
statment lime `case $i in' yields `command not found: case'. For example,
TERM=xterms produces the problem, while TERM=xterm and TERM=xterm24 do not!
I am not sure whether the problem is platform dependent. I'll try to reproduce
it on other accounts I have (I installed zsh everywhere) and report my findings
shortly.
All the best,
Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El <rl@math.technion.ac.il>              Department of Mathematics
+972-4-294094(Phone)                 Technion - Israel Institute of Technology