zsh-workers
* Re: where history expansion fits in
@ 1995-11-21 21:20 Martin Wunderli
From: Martin Wunderli @ 1995-11-21 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi Richard,

>developed in a completely unsystematic way.  What the development
>of zsh needs is discipline, not speed.

I agree absolutely and would like to show my support. You are doing a really
great job. Don't give up!

Martin

--
Martin Wunderli, Institute for Information Systems/Databases, ETH Zentrum
                    CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland

  ** Microsoft is for computer what McDonald's is for fine food! **

PGP key available through: finger wunderli@apollo.inf.ethz.ch
Finger print of key: 38 5F 48 96 D3 86 35 0F  06 68 14 37 14 8D 69 DE

* RE: where history expansion fits in
@ 1995-11-21 18:06 Heading, Anthony
From: Heading, Anthony @ 1995-11-21 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Zoltan wrote:
> I'm not in sync now with the latest beta.  I'll try to update as soon
> as I have some time.

Richard,  isn't it about time you integrated Zoltan's release?

He's continually re-synching to you, which is a waste of his time.

I (and probably many others) am now using Zoltan's code exclusively, and
do not bother with your releases.  This means that you are not getting
the breadth of testers that I suspect you would like.

I fail to see the problem with just moving the baseline over to Zoltan's
beta-12 release when he creates it.

Anthony

* where history expansion fits in
@ 1995-11-21 16:09 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1995-11-21 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Somebody ought to answer the question...

*** Doc/zshexpn.1.hist	Tue Nov 21 16:59:17 1995
--- Doc/zshexpn.1	Tue Nov 21 17:05:24 1995
***************
*** 12,18 ****
  \fIarithmetic expansion\fP,
  \fIbrace expansion\fP,
  and \fIfilename generation\fP.
! (Where does History expansion fit in here?)
  .SH FILENAME EXPANSION
  Each word is checked to see if it begins with an unquoted ~.
  If it does, then the word up to a / is checked to see if it matches
--- 12,21 ----
  \fIarithmetic expansion\fP,
  \fIbrace expansion\fP,
  and \fIfilename generation\fP.
! \fIHistory expansion\fP is a special case:  it is only performed in
! interactive shells and then only if the \fBNO_BANG_HIST\fP option is
! unset; it takes place while the line is being parsed.  It is described
! last.
  .SH FILENAME EXPANSION
  Each word is checked to see if it begins with an unquoted ~.
  If it does, then the word up to a / is checked to see if it matches
***************
*** 933,936 ****
  form of command history support
  is provided by the
  .B fc
! builtin (see below).
--- 936,939 ----
  form of command history support
  is provided by the
  .B fc
! builtin (see the entry in the \fBzshbuiltins\fP manual).

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330