zsh-workers
From: "Richard J. Coleman" <coleman@math.gatech.edu>
To: Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.GOV>
Subject: Re: ZSH presence on WWW cf. Perl
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 19:12:40 -0500	[thread overview]

> With the release of perl-5.002 came a much better (IMO at least)
> organization. There are several aspects I like about it -- the broad
> categories, the update time-stamps, the diversions.
>
> I think it could serve as good boilerplate material for zsh. Not
> that there is anything seriously wrong with the zsh page at present
> -- it's certainly functional. But I'm getting bored with it.

Yes, these pages are very nice.  Using them as a base for changes
to the zsh web pages is a good idea.

> In particular, I'd like to suggest that the baseline documentation be
> converted to something other than nroff, such as perlpod. Before you
> yell and flame back, wait...

I have looked at pod (and SGML, and other things) several times.
One of the things I don't like about pod, is that you can't put
things like boldface/italics in code examples.  The zsh pages uses
this quite a bit.

I agree that nroff is terrible.  I've been thinking maybe it's time
to scrap man pages altogether.  Put all the documentation into a
latex file, and create a nice zsh manual.

rc