zsh-workers
* ESC-/ for history search broken?
@ 1996-06-11 23:02 Clint Olsen
From: Clint Olsen @ 1996-06-11 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello:

Since we've moved to beta13, I cannot do history searches using ESC-/?  Is
there a mapping that I must perform manually even though I'm using "bindkey
-v"?

Thanks,

-Clint

* Re: ESC-/ for history search broken?
@ 1996-06-11 23:50 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-06-11 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clint Olsen; +Cc: zsh-workers

>Since we've moved to beta13, I cannot do history searches using ESC-/?  Is
>there a mapping that I must perform manually even though I'm using "bindkey
>-v"?

We're now trying to be compatible with vi, rather than ksh.  / now does
*forward* history searches.  Use ? for backward searches.

-zefram

* Re: ESC-/ for history search broken?
@ 1996-06-11 23:53   ` Clint Olsen
From: Clint Olsen @ 1996-06-11 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996 00:50:21 +0100 (BST), Zefram writes:

> We're now trying to be compatible with vi, rather than ksh.  / now does
> *forward* history searches.  Use ? for backward searches.

Ok, I found the mappings in the zshzle manpage and have duly swapped them.

That habit is just too hard to break :)

-Clint