zsh-workers
* Lost Job Control
@ 1996-12-15 22:16 Andy Wick
From: Andy Wick @ 1996-12-15 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I just tried zsh 3.0.2-test-3  -f and this bug is still present but not in the
BUGS file.  I sent a similar message about a month ago but got no response.

==

Wondering if this bug has been fixed or if it is even known.  It has been
present for a while now.  I am using Solaris 2.5.1, but have seen it on
Solaris 2.4 and OSF1 V3.2.  It is present in both zsh 3.0 and 3.0.1, I seem to
remember first seeing it about a year ago, but who knows.

xclock &
xclock &
%1
<Control-C>
%
<Control-C>
%
(ZSH Output: zsh: can't set tty pgrp: invalid argument)

>From now on all other jobs are "lost".  If you type "fg" you
get "fg: no job control in this shell".  If you were to do a
kill %1 instead of the "%1 ; <Control-C>" things continue to
work normally, and you get the expected "fg: no current job" for
the output of the last "%".  If you do just a "%" instead of
"%1" things also continue to work fine. This is the smallest sequence
that I can find that causes the error.

I don't know anything about the code in attachtty, the bug not even be there,
but the kill() is returning success.  I only hit this bug about once every
other week, and it bothers me since I lose my history when I have to start a
new window.  Oh well. :-)

Thanks,
Andy

--
awick@vt.edu                                    Andy Wick
awick@purple.org                              Virginia Tech

* Re: Lost Job Control
@ 1996-12-15 23:54 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-12-15 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wick; +Cc: zsh-workers

> xclock &
> xclock &
> %1
> <Control-C>
> %
> <Control-C>
> %
> (ZSH Output: zsh: can't set tty pgrp: invalid argument)

The fix is below.

Zoltan

*** Src/builtin.c	1996/12/14 01:21:07	3.1.0.11
--- Src/builtin.c	1996/12/15 23:43:26
***************
*** 531,537 ****
      if (curjob != -1 && !(jobtab[curjob].stat & STAT_INUSE)) {
  	curjob = prevjob;
  	setprevjob();
  	}
--- 531,538 ----
      if (curjob != -1 && !(jobtab[curjob].stat & STAT_INUSE)) {
  	curjob = prevjob;
  	setprevjob();
! 	if (curjob != -1 && !((jobtab[curjob].stat & STAT_INUSE) &&
! 			      curjob != thisjob)) {
  	    curjob = prevjob;
  	    setprevjob();
  	}

* Lost Job Control
@ 1996-11-12  2:08 Andy Wick
From: Andy Wick @ 1996-11-12  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Wondering if this bug has been fixed or if it is even known.  It has been
present for a while now.  I am using Solaris 2.5.1, but have seen it on
Solaris 2.4.  It is present in both zsh 3.0 and 3.0.1, I seem to remember
first seeing it about a year ago, but who knows.

xcalc &
xcalc &
%1
<Control-C>
%
<Control-C>
%
(ZSH Output: zsh: can't set tty pgrp: invalid argument)

>From now on all other jobs are "lost".  If you type "fg" you
get "fg: no job control in this shell".  If you were to do a
kill %1 instead of the "%1 ; <Control-C>" things continue to
work normally, and you get the expected "fg: no current job" for
the output of the last "%".  This is the smallest sequence that I