zsh-workers
* OSF test does not have -nt
@ 1996-12-30 20:10 Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-12-30 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh workers list

On OSF/1 V2.0 test does not support the -nt operator which is used in
the Makefile recently.

Also in Zefram's latest Makefile.in patch the sed in OSF/1 thinks
that the whole CFSED variable is a too long label.

Zoltan

* Re: OSF test does not have -nt
@ 1996-12-31 12:02 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-12-31 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoltan Hidvegi; +Cc: zsh-workers

Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
>On OSF/1 V2.0 test does not support the -nt operator which is used in
>the Makefile recently.

That will be difficult to work around.  To directly replace it, I think
a C program would be required, unless we want to rely on Perl in the
build environment.  Unfortunately this makes cross-compiling
impossible.  The alternative is to modify the make variables in the
recursive make invocation, such that building an object file also
causes some signalling action to occur.  Something like

EXTRA_ACTION = :
.c.o:
	# (normal build rule)
	@$(EXTRA_ACTION)

	$(MAKE) $(MAKEDEFS) EXTRA_ACTION='rm -f stamp-modobjs' $$obj

>Also in Zefram's latest Makefile.in patch the sed in OSF/1 thinks
>that the whole CFSED variable is a too long label.

I was afraid that might happen.  The solution is to put the $(CFSED)
bit into a separate file, and do `sed -f $(srcdir)/conf.sed -e
"$sed"`.

-zefram