zsh-workers
* autoparamkeys broken in 3.1.1
@ 1997-02-10 10:57 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1997-02-10 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

(probably a patched version, sorry)

% zsh -f
% setopt autoparamkeys
% echo $pat<TAB>             ->  echo $path _      # now type [
% echo $path [
             ^ stays here, should spring back to end of $path
% echo ${path<TAB>           ->  echo ${path _     # now type }
% echo ${path }
              ^ ditto.

I looked a bit at the code but all I can tell is that nothing is
happening because addedsuffix is zero at this point.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77413

* Re: autoparamkeys broken in 3.1.1
@ 1997-02-10 11:39 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1997-02-10 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: zsh-workers

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>% zsh -f
>% setopt autoparamkeys
>% echo $pat<TAB>             ->  echo $path _      # now type [
>% echo $path [
>             ^ stays here, should spring back to end of $path
>% echo ${path<TAB>           ->  echo ${path _     # now type }
>% echo ${path }
>              ^ ditto.

With straight 3.1.1, these work for me.

-zefram

* Re: autoparamkeys broken in 3.1.1
@ 1997-02-10 14:48   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1997-02-10 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Zefram wrote:
> With straight 3.1.1, these work for me.

yes, I think the patch that broke autoparamkeys changed this

		if (complexpect || singlec != ' ')
		    addedsuffix = menuinsc = 1;

to this, around 3311 in do_single(), zle_tricky.c

		if (singlec != ' ')
		    addedsuffix = menuinsc = 1;

--- this fits the symptoms anyway.  Anyone recognise this?  I seem to
have delete it.

--

@ 1997-02-10 15:02     ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1997-02-10 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: zsh-workers

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>yes, I think the patch that broke autoparamkeys changed this
>
>		if (complexpect || singlec != ' ')
>		    addedsuffix = menuinsc = 1;
>
>to this, around 3311 in do_single(), zle_tricky.c
>
>		if (singlec != ' ')
>		    addedsuffix = menuinsc = 1;
>
>--- this fits the symptoms anyway.  Anyone recognise this?  I seem to
>have delete it.

I was wondering if that might have been it, when you mentioned the
patched version.  (I don't have a version with that patch applied here,
so I couldn't test it.)  I sent this patch; it fixed a problem with
menu completion of parameters.  (Extra characters were deleted.)

I have neither the time nor facilities here to fix this properly, but
at a wild guess, try putting

	else if(complexpect)
	    addedsuffix = 1;

on the end of the new version of the conditional.

-zefram

* Re: autoparamkeys broken in 3.1.1
@ 1997-02-10 16:36       ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 1997-02-10 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zefram

Zefram wrote:
> I have neither the time nor facilities here to fix this properly, but
> at a wild guess, try putting
>
> 	else if(complexpect)
> 	    addedsuffix = 1;
>
> on the end of the new version of the conditional.

That certainly fixes the problem I was on about.  I didn't see any
menu problems with parameters appearing, but I'm not sure how to
reproduce those.  Here's that as a patch on top of the previous one.

*** Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c.apk	Mon Feb 10 13:34:40 1997
--- Src/Zle/zle_tricky.c	Mon Feb 10 17:23:31 1997
***************
*** 3310,3315 ****
--- 3310,3317 ----
  		insc = 1;