zsh-workers
* zsh web site shutting down
@ 1997-04-21 20:53 Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1997-04-21 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Carl Harris, the maintainer of the zsh web site host, has informed me
that his site will cease to exist as of 15 May 1997. If the web page
service is to continue, a new WWW host will need to be
identified. Unfortunately, my employer has strict guidelines for
government computer resource usage that prevent our site from hosting
the pages.

Furthermore, as much as I hate to admit it, I have not given the ZSH
web page the attention it deserves in recent months. As such, I think
it best if a new maintainer can be identified and take over the
responsibility of ZSH web page maintainer beginning no later than 15
May 1997. Please let me know if a link pointing to the new site (if
any) is desired on the current site.

I realize the appearance of the page is nothing to brag about by
today's standards, but I've truly enjoyed the opportunity to create
and contribute to the site. I have no doubt the new maintainer will
take the page to greater technological heights and give ZSH the web
presence such a great shell deserves.

Finally, thanks to all of you who have graciously contributed examples
and suggestions during the past few years.

--
  -mb-

* Re: zsh web site shutting down
@ 1997-04-23  9:09 ` Jari Kokko
From: Jari Kokko @ 1997-04-23  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

In article <vk3eskqera.fsf@cdc.noaa.gov>, Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.gov> wrote:
> Carl Harris, the maintainer of the zsh web site host, has informed me
> that his site will cease to exist as of 15 May 1997. If the web page
> service is to continue, a new WWW host will need to be
> identified.

I could probably persuade a non-profit organization to host the zsh
home, but I'd need some facts about traffic and other resource
requirements before I can discuss things. Unfortunately I can't be the
maintainer of the pages, due to lack of time and a lot of extra
activities already. Let me know if you're interested.

Jari Kokko
--
Young man, here's your glass eye.

* Re: zsh web site shutting down
@ 1997-04-23 18:20   ` Timothy J. Luoma
From: Timothy J. Luoma @ 1997-04-23 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jari; +Cc: zsh-workers

Responding To:	Jari Kokko <nobody@nowhere.net>
Original Date:	23 Apr 1997 09:09:44 GMT

> I could probably persuade a non-profit organization to host the zsh
> home, but I'd need some facts about traffic and other resource
> requirements before I can discuss things. Unfortunately I can't be
> the maintainer of the pages, due to lack of time and a lot of extra
> activities already. Let me know if you're interested.

Actually, it seems that the pages have found a new home, at
http://www.peak.org/zsh/

The folks @ peak.org have donated the web space and I am currently
working on changing the pages over to the peak site.

Final details are not yet available, and the pages are not done
yet, but never fear, it will be taken care of in a day or two...
maybe three, I haven't really looked at the HTML code all that much
yet...

I will be able to maintain the pages for at least the next year,
and hopefully longer...

TjL

* Re: zsh web site shutting down
@ 1997-04-28  2:12 Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 1997-04-28  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

"Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org> writes:

> Actually, it seems that the pages have found a new home, at
> http://www.peak.org/zsh/
>
> The folks @ peak.org have donated the web space and I am currently
> working on changing the pages over to the peak site.
>
> Final details are not yet available, and the pages are not done
> yet, but never fear, it will be taken care of in a day or two...
> maybe three, I haven't really looked at the HTML code all that much
> yet...
>
> I will be able to maintain the pages for at least the next year,
> and hopefully longer...

Something to consider might be registering a unique domain name
for the ZSH pages so when the website responsibility needs to change
hands, it isn't as painful.  No relearning is needed, the documentation
and the search engines won't need updating, etc.  I can go a long way
to quell confusion.  Thats what we've done for Gnus (Emacs newsreader)
with `gnus.org'.

Just something to think about.

--
Jason R. Mastaler                                 jason@mastaler.com