zsh-workers
* Re: expand-or-complete-prefix
@ 1997-05-30 19:34 Anthony Iano-Fletcher
From: Anthony Iano-Fletcher @ 1997-05-30 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh-workers

Hi Bart Schaefer

> I've never heard of that one ... are you sure "expand-or-complete-prefix"
> isn't what you're thinking of?

Yes - sorry. What am I doing today? I should never have
started 2 different discussions about zsh on the same day!

Not only that but I cant provoke the bug any more! It used to rewrite
the line with random spaces and no completion. But now I have another
different completion peculiarity!

So forget I even mentioned this! I'll get some clean source on Monday
and recompile from scratch. I'll see if I can pin this down later.

There is a difference between using 'expand-or-complete-prefix' and
using 'expand-or-complete' with 'setopt completeinword'.
In the latter you can get competions for /usr/<TAB>/bin which
include all those directories in /usr that have a subdirectory bin.
The former would give a competion list of all subdirectories in /usr.

			Anthony.

* Re: expand-or-complete-prefix
@ 1997-05-31  8:17 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1997-05-31  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Iano-Fletcher; +Cc: Zsh-workers

> > I've never heard of that one ... are you sure "expand-or-complete-prefix"
> > isn't what you're thinking of?
>
> Yes - sorry. What am I doing today? I should never have
> started 2 different discussions about zsh on the same day!
>
> Not only that but I cant provoke the bug any more! It used to rewrite
> the line with random spaces and no completion. But now I have another
> different completion peculiarity!
>
> So forget I even mentioned this! I'll get some clean source on Monday
> and recompile from scratch. I'll see if I can pin this down later.

expand-or-complete-prefix does not work for me in zsh-3.1.2-test1 but works
in zsh-3.0.3-test5.  I'll try to fix this later today.  If you see an other
completion bug, please tell it.

Zoltan