zsh-workers
From: Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>
To: Bruce Stephens <B.Stephens@isode.com>,
	zsh-workers@math.gatech.edu (Zsh hackers list)
Subject: Re: Bug in 3.1.2-beta compared with -test1
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 18:01:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Bruce Stephens wrote:
> I enclose full details, but briefly, with reasonably sane tty settings, after
>
> "sleep 1&" returns (or some other background job), some stty settings seem
> wrong: eof, susp, etc., get zapped.  I've never noticed this in previous
> versions.

Any advance on the following patch?  inforeground seems to me to be
the minimum you would need to do before grabbing the tty settings, so
this can't be far wrong.  It seems to do the trick, anyway.

*** ./Src/jobs.c.old	Wed Jun  4 17:51:43 1997
--- ./Src/jobs.c	Wed Jun  4 17:53:39 1997
***************
*** 155,161 ****
  	}
      }

!     if (shout && !ttyfrozen && !jn->stty_in_env)
  	gettyinfo(&shttyinfo);

      if (isset(MONITOR)) {
--- 155,161 ----
  	}
      }

!     if (shout && !ttyfrozen && !jn->stty_in_env && inforeground)
  	gettyinfo(&shttyinfo);

      if (isset(MONITOR)) {

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ifh.de>       Tel: +49 33762 77366