zsh-workers
* Suggestion for completion behavior
@ 1998-01-06 22:11 Brian Boonstra
From: Brian Boonstra @ 1998-01-06 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi there

	The one thing zsh fails at that my tcsh -fan friends get,
is case-insensitive filename completion.  It's especially useful for
those of us with repetitive strain injuries (which make the shift
key harder to use).  It seems a waste to try to write a shell
function for something so trivial.  Am I missing something, or is
this a possible keen improvement?

	Brian

* Re: Suggestion for completion behavior
@ 1998-01-07 10:03 ` Andrew Main
From: Andrew Main @ 1998-01-07 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Boonstra; +Cc: zsh-workers

Brian Boonstra wrote:
>	The one thing zsh fails at that my tcsh -fan friends get,
>is case-insensitive filename completion.  It's especially useful for
>those of us with repetitive strain injuries (which make the shift
>key harder to use).  It seems a waste to try to write a shell
>function for something so trivial.  Am I missing something, or is
>this a possible keen improvement?

There's been a patch for it, which will probably be in the next beta.

-zefram