zsh-workers
* Re: Problem with zsh-3.0.5
@ 1998-03-25 10:18 Andrew Main
From: Andrew Main @ 1998-03-25 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Schmitz; +Cc: zsh-workers

Michael Schmitz <mschmitz@sema.de> wrote:
>Trying to compile zsh-3.0.5 an a Reliant UNIX 5.43 box I found the following
>problem:
>    gettimeofday() accepts just a singe parameter in case you don't
>    define the _XPG_IV preprocessor symbol

How can one recognise this type of system?  Is there a predefined macro
to let us know we should define _XPG_IV?

>When playing around with it I found my profile not to work as I expected. The
>problem is, that lines like
>
>  q=$(echo Hello)
>
>don't work. The value of 'q' is empty.

This is very odd.  Could you post an example that more fully demonstrates
the problem?

-zefram

* Problem with zsh-3.0.5
@ 1998-02-02  9:47 Michael Schmitz
From: Michael Schmitz @ 1998-02-02  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello all!

Trying to compile zsh-3.0.5 an a Reliant UNIX 5.43 box I found the following
problem:
    gettimeofday() accepts just a singe parameter in case you don't
    define the _XPG_IV preprocessor symbol

Beside this little problem 'zsh' compiled out of the box.

When playing around with it I found my profile not to work as I expected. The
problem is, that lines like

  q=$(echo Hello)

don't work. The value of 'q' is empty.

Michael.