zsh-workers
* Restricted Shell
@ 1998-04-20 11:51 Zahid Iqbal
From: Zahid Iqbal @ 1998-04-20 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi Everbody
                   I have compiled the zsh on my Linux Redhat 5.0. its
working fine.
 I wanna give my users the "restricted zsh" just to limit their play
around in my server.

Can anybody guide me how to do the task. I will be really obliged.

regards

--
Zahid Iqbal
Assitant Director (Systems)

* Re: Restricted Shell
@ 1998-04-20 12:31 ` Andrew Main
From: Andrew Main @ 1998-04-20 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zahid Iqbal; +Cc: zsh-workers

Zahid Iqbal wrote:
> I wanna give my users the "restricted zsh" just to limit their play
>around in my server.

Unfortunately there is no production version of zsh with the restricted
shell option.  You'll need to use version 3.1.2.  Create a symbolic link
to zsh named 'rzsh', and set users' shell to that.  You'll need to set up
the restricted environment very carefully to make sure it can't be broken
out of -- don't forget that shell startup files are run unrestricted,
so users mustn't be able to edit them.

-zefram