zsh-workers
* ftp site
@ 1998-04-29 11:50 Andrew Main
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andrew Main @ 1998-04-29 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Zoltan, Richard, and anyone else running a mirror, please set your
software to mirror the new primary archive

	ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

and let me know when you're mirroring it, so that I can update the
META-FAQ.

-zefram

* Re: ftp site
@ 1998-04-29 15:38 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1998-04-29 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Main; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Zoltan, Richard, and anyone else running a mirror, please set your
> software to mirror the new primary archive
>
> 	ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

I noticed that this is in Australia.  What about the offer from the
SunSITE in Denmark?  That has a better net connectivity for most
people in Europe and in the US.  Even ftp.cs.elte.hu is closer from
the US and Europe than the Austral site.  If we have the zsh.org
domain, we can create regional master sites, like ftp.us.zsh.org,
ftp.eu.zsh.org, ftp.au.zsh.org, ftp.hu.zsh.org etc., but it is still
important for the master site to have good connectivity.

Zoli

* Re: ftp site
@ 1998-04-29 16:57 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1998-04-29 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Main; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Zoltan, Richard, and anyone else running a mirror, please set your
> software to mirror the new primary archive
>
> 	ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
>
> and let me know when you're mirroring it, so that I can update the
> META-FAQ.

The mirror at ftp://ftp.math.gatech.edu/pub/zsh is now
pointing at ftp.zsh.org.

At one time, several of the other mirrors, were mirroring off
of me.  So in a couple of days, this may propogate to some of the
other mirror sites.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Re: ftp site
@ 1998-04-29 17:01   ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1998-04-29 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

> > Zoltan, Richard, and anyone else running a mirror, please set your
> > software to mirror the new primary archive
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
>
> I noticed that this is in Australia.  What about the offer from the
> SunSITE in Denmark?  That has a better net connectivity for most
> people in Europe and in the US.  Even ftp.cs.elte.hu is closer from
> the US and Europe than the Austral site.  If we have the zsh.org
> domain, we can create regional master sites, like ftp.us.zsh.org,
> ftp.eu.zsh.org, ftp.au.zsh.org, ftp.hu.zsh.org etc., but it is still
> important for the master site to have good connectivity.

My mirror site didn't have any problem pulling the distribution over.
Since, there are plenty of mirrors, I don't think this will be a
problem.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

* Re: ftp site
@ 1998-04-29 19:45 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1998-04-29 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Main; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Zoltan, Richard, and anyone else running a mirror, please set your
> software to mirror the new primary archive
>
> 	ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

The mirror on ftp.cs.elte.hu is done.  It'll run dayly at 5am MET (DST).

Zoli