zsh-workers
From: Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au>
To: Andrew Main <zefram@tao.co.uk>
Cc: zsh-workers@math.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: 3.1.3 - config.status file generation problems...
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 23:46:59 +1000	[thread overview]

Andrew Main <zefram@tao.co.uk> wrote:
>Andrew J Cosgriff wrote:
>>2 goaway/2:a2 303 % ./config.status
>>creating Makefile
>>sed: Cannot find or open file :Makefile.in.
>
>As I suspected, you have a duff config.status, caused by bogus editing.
>It looks as if the shell you used to run the configure script has
>translated '\\' to '\' within single quotes, which is well out of order.
>Alternatively your ed has done the equivalent, which is also wrong.
>
>Please try replacing ed with GNU ed, so tht we can eliminate that
>possibility.  And what is your /bin/sh?

3 goaway/2:b9 43 % which ed
/usr/local/bin/ed

3 goaway/2:b9 44 % ed --version
GNU ed version 0.1

(looks like i was already using it...)

/bin/sh is the ordinary DU 4.0B /bin/sh

I'm just rerunning configure with zsh (3.0.5) - it'll take a little while to
run, so i'll report back a bit later with what happened.

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                          air rhizome toxic boy blank