zsh-workers
* Re: [Q] user-defined completion
@ 1998-06-23 12:56 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1998-06-23 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Didier Verna wrote:

> Sven Guckes <guckes@math.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
> > Quoting Didier Verna (verna@inf.enst.fr): > I'd like to write a function for
> > special command line completion, but that is > aware of the program whose
> > command line we're completing. After reading the > doc, I see that
> > user-defined functions get 2 arguments: pre and postfix. Is there a way to
> > make such functions aware of the program name ? Any ideas ?
>
> > Are talking about "completion control" with "compctl"?
>
> 	Possibly, yes.
>

> > "man zshcompctl"!
>
> 	That's what I meant by saying "after reading the doc". But it seems
> that the answer is no. So, in case I'm missing something, or I'm just blind,
> I would have liked to know if somebody knows a way to achieve this.

Hm, I already answered this: look at the `read'-builtin (options `-c',
`-l' and so on).

A quick look at the manual reveals that this is really hidden a bit
too deeply: it is mentioned at the `-U'-option, not at `-K'.

Bye
 Sven

* Re:  [Q] user-defined completion
@ 1998-06-22 10:42 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1998-06-22 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Didier Verna wrote:

> 	Hi!
>
> I'd like to write a function for special command line completion, but that is
> aware of the program whose command line we're completing. After reading the
> doc, I see that user-defined functions get 2 arguments: pre and postfix. Is
> there a way to make such functions aware of the program name ? Any ideas ?
> Thanks.

See the read builtin (options `-c', `-l', and `-n', and probably `-A').

Bye
 Sven