zsh-workers
* META-FAQ and ftp.math.gatech.edu
@ 1999-04-24 23:44 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-04-24 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

The META-FAQ mentions several FTP sites that may be mirroring the GA Tech
site.  I tried visiting ftp.math.gatech.edu a few days ago, and the zsh
mirror there is completely gone -- so any site mirroring it will also have
gone away (or else will soon be really out of date).  Consequently, we
should remove ftp.math.gatech.edu from the META-FAQ and double-check all
the (G) sites.

I'll eventually get around to doing this if nobody beats me to it, but I
don't have a fast net connection (though that'll be changing in a few
weeks after Zanshin moves to its new offices) so another volunteer would
be appreciated.

* Re: META-FAQ and ftp.math.gatech.edu
@ 1999-04-25  7:31 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1999-04-25  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 04:44:26PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> The META-FAQ mentions several FTP sites that may be mirroring the GA Tech
> site.  I tried visiting ftp.math.gatech.edu a few days ago, and the zsh
> mirror there is completely gone -- so any site mirroring it will also have
> gone away (or else will soon be really out of date).  Consequently, we
> should remove ftp.math.gatech.edu from the META-FAQ and double-check all
> the (G) sites.

That sucks.  I thought that Ga. Tech would wait until after my
account expires (another month or so) before they started to nuke my
zsh archives.  But it seems they started to remove some of my stuff
already.

Sorry about the lack of notification.  I didn't even know it was
gone until I saw Bart's message.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu