Has anyone been able to get zsh working under BeOS? I can't seem to get anything done on the system without my favorite shell around. :) So far, with version 3.1.6-test3, I have it kinda-working. It's worth nothing that it compiled with a lot less effort than did 3.0.5, or 3.1.5 (which kept failing sed's during configure). Had to #undef JOB_CONTROL, #include , and work around the lack of link() in lockhistfile(). After that, I seem to be stuck in waitforpid() and waitjob(). I made a little progress after noting that kill(pid, 0), does not return ESRCH for a non-existant process, but returns EINVAL instead, so I worked around that in waitforpid() and killjb(). Now, I'm stuck. When running a command from the prompt, it loops in waitjob(), as jn->stat is never cleared. From tracing through with bdb, it looks almost like handler() isn't getting called on SIGCHLD, and I can't seem to find an explanation for that. I haven't quite run out of things to try, but I figured I'd ask around for hints or in case anyone had already done the work, before I really started digging into it. -- Will Day OIT / O&E / Technical Support willday@rom.oit.gatech.edu Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715 -> Opinions expressed are mine alone and do not reflect OIT policy <- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin, Pennsylvania Assembly, Nov. 11, 1755