zsh-workers
* Re: "[[" (Re: PATCH: _urls again (Re: setopt localoptions noautoremoveslash))
@ 1999-10-18  6:59 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-10-18  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> PWS says in http://www.ifh.de/~pws/computing/zshguide02.html#l6
>
>     Second aside for users of sh: you may remember that tests in sh used
>     a single pair of brackets, `if [ ... ]; then ...', or equivalently
>     as a command called test, `if test ...; then ...'. The Korn shell
>     was deliberately made to be different, and zsh follows that. The
>     reason is that `[[' is treated specially, which allows the shell to
>     do some extra checks and allows more natural syntax.

Here on zsh-workers we could probably say what the real difference is:
the parser knows about `[[ .. ]]' which should allow for faster
execution (I guess this is what Peter meant by `treated specially').
`[ .. ]' can only be handled as a normal builtin.

Bye
 Sven

* Re: PATCH: _urls again (Re: setopt localoptions noautoremoveslash)
@ 1999-10-15 12:10 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-10-15 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> One strange behaviour I find with completing urls is that with
> urls_localhttpd set, when I complete user directories, menu
> selection is entered imediately rather than waiting for a second tab:
> e.g: netscape http://risc10/~<tab> will insert 'ada' and give me the
> list with 'ada' selected rather than just giving me the list. This
> behaviour continues when completing files and directories after the
> username.
>
> I've also noticed that with this dual file/directory completion and
> description_format set, I get 'file' aswell as 'directory' at the top
> of the list even if there were no files to complete.

Do you mean to say that you still get this or that you fixed it? At
least I don't get either of these after your patch. If you still get
them, I need more information about your configuration and the
possible matches that triggered it.

Bye
 Sven