zsh-workers
From: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
To: zsh-workers@sunsite.auc.dk
Subject: Re: Something wrong with prompt themes
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:19:35 +0100 (MET)	[thread overview]

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> Some prompt themes (e.g. elite) explicitly use characters with 8th bit set. This
> looks really ugly here - tested on dtterm and console (AT386 terminal - dunno if
> it specific to SINIX or is in common use) with ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-5
> charsets.

Irritating, isn't it? ;-)

But that reminded me... Adam, have you ever thought about extending
your prompt themes stuff to include definitions for the format styles
used by the completion code (so that they look appropriate for the
prompt style used)?

> Or use style(s) to switch them on/off. Themes may look nicely even without these
> characters - and users may conditionally switch them on/off depending on current
> terminal.

Which brings us back to the idea of using a generic package code, sigh.

Bye
 Sven