(Sorry, the patch got messed up, I'll try it as an attachment.) This proposed patch adds a new association to the parameter module called jobdirs. This provides an association with job numbers and the directories in which the jobs were started. I decided to use the name jobdirs instead of jobpwds since the "jobs" builtin uses the "-d" to list these directories. Though I could see that jobpwds might also be appropriate. It is possible to use the "jobs -d" command to get this same information with a little processing. Though adding an association seems to be a cleaner way for zsh functions or scripts to get this information. -FR __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All in one place. Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com