zsh-workers
* Literal `~` directory created?
@ 2023-05-18 13:59 thomas.david.vaughan
From: thomas.david.vaughan @ 2023-05-18 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I ran `brew bundle install` in a newly created directory which contained only
a Brewfile, and noticed that afterwards a directory named `~` had been
created:

$ ll
total 4
drwx------ 3 tvaughan staff 96 May 18 09:33 '~'
-rw-r--r-- 1 tvaughan staff 14 May 18 09:33  Brewfile

$ find .
.
./Brewfile
./~
./~/.cache
./~/.cache/zsh
./~/.cache/zsh/compcache
./~/.cache/zsh/compcache/brew_all_commands

I have noticed this before perhaps as far back as three months ago, but I
never could narrow it down enough to understand what might be causing this. I
would see this after I ran some homemade scripts I wrote to maintain the
software installed on my laptop. These scripts always ran brew so maybe it's
the culprit?

$ echo $SHELL
/usr/local/bin/zsh

$ which zsh