This patch is a proposed test for completion matching. I was able to get this test to pass with my latest build of zsh. However, some of the output struck me as broken and I've included comments saying so. Also, I'm able to get different results from zsh depending on whether I build with debugging on or not. Included in this patch is a change to comptest which allows it to include any error messages generated by compadd, if it is surrounded by markers. This test seems a bit large compared to other tests, so it may need some work. Also, there are tests cases that deal with parsing problems. One reason, is that I had sort of intended on making the matching spec error messages a little more explicit about what is wrong. Some of the messages compadd prints when the matching specs are broken are generic enough that it wasn't clear to me that my matching spec was broken. Basically the messages should be clear that a matching spec is broken, since compadd tends to be several levels removed from the user. Also, I was interested in performing some code coverage analysis on the this test with gcov to make sure that as much of the C code is touched. I haven't done that, though. (Gcov is a GNU code coverage tool.) Maybe later. Also, I'm using test 54, to come after the more generic completion test. . -FR. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/