zsh-workers
* completing filenames containing spaces
@ 2000-06-06 10:12 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2000-06-06 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Congratulations on getting 3.1.<7-9> out the door.  This is an
exciting time for zsh!  (Unfortunately I missed most of it through
working hard for exams.)

With the latest CVS, it seems that completion of filenames containing
spaces is broken:

  % ls .mozilla/A<TAB>
  % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
  % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/<TAB>
  % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
                              ^
                         cursor is now here

i.e. the final <TAB> inserts a space, despite there being files in the
directory.

Adam

* Re: completing filenames containing spaces
@ 2000-06-06 11:24 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2000-06-06 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Sven Wischnowsky (wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de) wrote:

> Adam Spiers wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Congratulations on getting 3.1.<7-9> out the door.  This is an
> > exciting time for zsh!  (Unfortunately I missed most of it through
> > working hard for exams.)
> >
> > With the latest CVS, it seems that completion of filenames containing
> > spaces is broken:
> >
> >   % ls .mozilla/A<TAB>
> >   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
> >   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/<TAB>
> >   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
> >                               ^
> >                          cursor is now here
> >
> > i.e. the final <TAB> inserts a space, despite there being files in the
> > directory.
>
> Hm, works for me both with -f and with my usual setup. What are your
> styles?

I've narrowed it down to a test case:

pulse% zsh -f
pulse% autoload compinit
pulse% compinit
pulse% setopt globcomplete

* Re: completing filenames containing spaces
@ 2000-06-06 10:27 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2000-06-06 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Congratulations on getting 3.1.<7-9> out the door.  This is an
> exciting time for zsh!  (Unfortunately I missed most of it through
> working hard for exams.)
>
> With the latest CVS, it seems that completion of filenames containing
> spaces is broken:
>
>   % ls .mozilla/A<TAB>
>   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
>   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/<TAB>
>   % ls .mozilla/Adam\ Spiers/
>                               ^
>                          cursor is now here
>
> i.e. the final <TAB> inserts a space, despite there being files in the
> directory.

Hm, works for me both with -f and with my usual setup. What are your
styles?

Bye
 Sven