On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 08:04:10PM +0200, R Joseph Wright wrote: > > When I use zsh under X, I can hit ESC and get into vi editing mode. When I > do this from the console, it does not work. Is there a variable that needs > to be explicitly set somewhere to make this work? Can't reproduce such behaviour. vi editing mode works from the console as well as from X. Do you set some options under X that you don't set in console? Such as setting EDITOR to "vi" in your .xsession or something similar? Then again: What's your operating system? Linux? Some BSD variant? And what version of zsh do you use? CU, Thomas, running zsh-3.1.9-dev-3 under Linux -- Thomas Köhler Email: jean-luc@picard.franken.de | LCARS - Linux <>< WWW: http://jeanluc-picard.de | for Computers IRC: jeanluc | on All Real PGP public key available from Homepage! | Starships