zsh-workers
* Re: Functions moved
@ 2001-04-02 13:35 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-04-02 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I wrote:

> Ok, done.

No.  Chmouel smuggled in a new _apm into the Linux directory.  Under
the new regime, where should we place it?  Debian?  Unix?  (Currently
there is no Linux directory anymore -- or wouldn't if there weren't
that _apm file in it.  Should we keep it alive and add a Command
sub-directory to it?)

Obviously apm doesn't tell me anything...

Bye
 Sven

* Re: Functions moved
@ 2001-04-02 14:41 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-04-02 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Clint Adams wrote:

> > Linux/Command sounds reasonable to me.
>
> I take that back.  This is going to cause the same sort of problems
> that Bart wanted to avoid with the initscript conflict.
>
> Non-linux operating systems have apm commands too.

Hrm.  Any idea how they look like?  Option-wise?

Otherwise I agree with Oliver that we should just add a Linux/Command
directory and put it there for now.

Anyway.  I'm sorry, but I have to go now, more tomorrow (no doubt
about that I'd guess).

Bye
 Sven

* Functions moved
@ 2001-04-02 13:16 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 2001-04-02 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Ok, done.

Comments:

- Everything worked fine, except: the files in Functions/Misc.  I had
  found out at home that the script effectively removed them, so I
  added some code to avoid that which worked there, but not here.  So
  I had to add those functions again.  I'm awfully sorry.
- Bart put `Functions/Misc/promptnl' in that list but I don't seem to
  have it (not even before my script removed all functions that stayed
  in Misc).  Is my checked-out version wrong or what?
- As I said this morning, I've not added _vared (but _zed).  And of
  course I haven't changed _vars because of that.
- Configure-stuff: I hope to have got everything right so that one
  directory-level from the completion directories is removed on
  installation (all Zsh/*/* functions are installed under Zsh/).  We
  decided to do it this way, right?
  I didn't change the code under `*)' in uninstallfns.sh because I
  don't understand the sed-substitution used when FUNCTIONS_SUBDIRS is
  true.  Isn't it the wrong way round?

I'd be thankful if everyone could now have a look (and try out) their
favourite features and functions.

Bye
 Sven