zsh-workers
From: Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
To: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improve handling of b/n/s subscript flags
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:31:02 +0200 (MET DST)	[thread overview]

Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> It'll be whatever C code decides the current context. This has never
> been perfect for determining whether we are in a subscript hence the
> completion of character classes in _subscript. If we want similar
> completion for zsh's various other flags, then I expect it is the same
> bit of code that needs updating to give us access to those areas in
> shell code.

I meant to reply to this thread earlier and then forgot.

There are mainly two (basic) things in completion I'd like to work on
after the next release.  One is suffix handling (we had some discussion
about this quite some time ago and Bart's last mails made it spin around
in my head again).  The other is moving more of the C-code into shell
code, especially parts of the code that tries to find out where we are
completing.  This is a very ugly part of the C-code and I hope with some
clever supporting builtins this will be more manageable when in shell
code.

And then I would like to have that context-determining code to be
generic enough to be used elsewhere (we were discussing that this might
be useful to have for other zle widgets, too, e.g. word-movement).

Bye
  Sven