zsh-workers
* Missplaced rpromt when using colored prompt
@ 2001-06-06 10:13 Christian H. Stork
From: Christian H. Stork @ 2001-06-06 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi everybody,

when using the following settings

PROMPT='%B^[[31m%n@%m%#^[[30m%b '
RPROMPT='%~'

the rprompt keeps a margin of 8 characters from the right.  This looks
like a bug to me.

I use a Debian testing/unstable system with the latest zsh-4.0.1 deb
package.

Thanks!

PS:  Please cc me since I'm not on the list.

--
Chris Stork                 http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cstork/

* Re: Missplaced rpromt when using colored prompt
@ 2001-06-06 10:19 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2001-06-06 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Christian H. Stork

Christian H. Stork (cstork@ics.uci.edu) wrote:
> when using the following settings
>
> PROMPT='%B^[[31m%n@%m%#^[[30m%b '
> RPROMPT='%~'
>
> the rprompt keeps a margin of 8 characters from the right.  This looks
> like a bug to me.

It's not a bug; you just forgot to wrap the escape sequences in

  %{ ... %}

>From the docs:

  %{...%}
       Include a string as a literal escape sequence.  The string within
       the braces should not change the cursor position.  Brace pairs can
       nest.