zsh-workers
* gcc-3.0 Success!
@ 2001-06-23  0:37 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2001-06-23  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

My problem with 3.0 and zsh was with dynamic linking, as Bart, Andrej
and I had suspected.  The problem is that I installed gcc to
/usr/local/gcc-3.0 and did not update ldconfig.so because I'm still
verifying the 3.0 compiler.  Since gcc-3.0 uses a shared libgcc when
you link dynamically, the configure tests would fail when dynamic
linking was specified because libgcc_s.so couldn't be found.

Running my configure/build/test/install script with
LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/lib made everything work hunky dory.

  - vin

* Re: gcc-3.0 Success!
@ 2001-06-23 16:01 ` Jason Price
From: Jason Price @ 2001-06-23 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vin Shelton; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Running my configure/build/test/install script with
> LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/lib made everything work hunky dory.

That's wonderful for you...  Unfortunatly, I tried that and it still didn't
work.

When I built, the first thing in $path was ~/gcc3/bin and the first thing
in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH was ~/gcc3/lib.

I'll poke at it further when I reboot back into linux.

Jason

--
"Friendship is the bridge between lonely and loved, between a glance and a
gaze. It stretches from the fog into sunshine, hopelessness into faith,

* Re: gcc-3.0 Success!
@ 2001-06-23 18:26   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-06-23 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Price; +Cc: Vin Shelton, zsh-workers

Jason Price wrote:

>>Running my configure/build/test/install script with
>>LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/lib made everything work hunky dory.
>>

> That's wonderful for you...  Unfortunatly, I tried that and it still didn't
> work.
>
> When I built, the first thing in $path was ~/gcc3/bin and the first thing
> in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH was ~/gcc3/lib.

Was it literal ``~/gcc3/lib''? That won't work of course.

-andrej

* Re: gcc-3.0 Success!
@ 2001-06-23 21:36     ` Jason Price
From: Jason Price @ 2001-06-23 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Borsenkow; +Cc: Jason Price, Vin Shelton, zsh-workers

> Was it literal ``~/gcc3/lib''? That won't work of course.

No.  it was explicitly /home/jprice/gcc3/lib.

However, the problem was that in my playing around, I set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
correctly, but it wasn't being exported all the time.

<sigh>

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

The thing that threw me off the scent was that ldd of /usr/local/bin/zsh
showed the usual /lib suspects, but not the libgcc_s.so.1 that modules
needed.

Jason