zsh-workers
* Re: Zsh i18n
@ 2001-06-26 14:36 Simon Dean - Software Engineer
From: Simon Dean - Software Engineer @ 2001-06-26 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej.Borsenkow; +Cc: zsh-workers

Hi Andrej,

> There is none because zsh is not localized in any way :-) Seriously, bugs
> related to i18n were

This explains why I could'nt find any locali(s|z)ed versions :)

> Note that l10n is different issue. Now with completion system evolving into
> mini user interface, having message catalogs is not a bad idea.

This would certainly improve user's experience. I am concentrating on the i18n
issues at the moment.

Thanks for you comments.

cheers,
Simon.

> > Hi Andrej,
> >
> > are you aware of a buglist of internationalisation problems with zsh ?
> >

> There is none because zsh is not localized in any way :-) Seriously, bugs
> related to i18n were
>
> - multibyte support. This requires total rewrite of string-handling code and
> some volunteers I guess
>
> - usual problem with ranges like [a-z] in locale that sorts
> case-insensitive. Ironically, it is the only place where locale is supported
> in zsh :-))
>

> > I am conducting tests on how i18n'd zsh is and would appreciate to know
> > of known bugs/issues relating to internationalisation.
> >

> Well, keep us informed.
>
> Note that l10n is different issue. Now with completion system evolving into
> mini user interface, having message catalogs is not a bad idea.
>
> -andrej

* Zsh i18n
       [not found] <200106261354.OAA25140@ireserver.Ireland.Sun.COM>
@ 2001-06-26 14:18 ` Andrej Borsenkow