Hi, just in case nobody else has been stumbled into this: 4.0.2 segfaults in checkrmall() (under OpenLinux 3.1, i.e. Linux 2.4.* with glibc 2.2.1 and 2.2.4) when executing the following function: function www { typeset netscapefiles="{lock,plugin-list*,history*,*cache/*,archive/*,*.db,abook.nab,registry,summary*,custom.dic}" \ nsmaildir=$HOME/nsmail ( if [ -z "$DISPLAY" -a "$KPSYSTYPE" = 'i86linux' ]; then # Fire up X and start Mozilla from Linux text console: startx netscape "$@" else netscape "$@" fi # This crashes zsh-4.0.2 if unpatched: eval command rm -fr $HOME/.netscape/$netscapefiles /tmp/ndebug [ -d $nsmaildir ] && rmdir $nsmaildir ) & } This is due to checkrmall() calling fprintf() with a NULL file ptr in shout. Please find attached the dumbest possible patch... it prevents the crash, but I didn't investigate on wether it is the appropriate place for a fix (should Zsh recognize that it's useless to call checkrmall() when running in the background in the first place? Is the NULL file ptr a bug in itself?). Cheers, Stefan P.S.: If you have any further questions, please set me on CC (I'm only on the Zsh announce list) -- Dr.Ing. Stefan Dalibor