I use GNU screen regularly and wrote a simple completion function for it. However, it only handled the -x flag. Since, there was some interest on this list, I decide to see if I could easily generate a function via the XML code. I think I was able to get a good first pass completion function via the XML code, which I'm happy about. It did require some hand editing, but not too much. The details about my xml completion generation can be found at: http://www.geocities.com/f_rosencrantz/screen_generation.htm Though if you just want the function I've attached it. It's still could use some work, but it's a reasonable start. I think it would be interesting to add completions for the commands that can be handed to the "screen -X" command. That would need to use the element in screen.xml. -FR. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Find a job, post your resume. http://careers.yahoo.com