zsh-workers
* Old unapplied patches
@ 2002-10-06 18:35 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-10-06 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Oliver proposed a fix for the nc/netcat/nedit-nc confusion back in 16815.
It doesn't appear that anything ever came of it.  Or was there another fix
that I've overlooked?

Karl Tomlinson's termcap/terminfo segfault patch in 17482 got applied to
the 4.0 branch but not to the 4.1.0-dev trunk.  Is it not needed on the
trunk?

* Re: Old unapplied patches
@ 2002-10-07 11:06 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2002-10-07 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> Karl Tomlinson's termcap/terminfo segfault patch in 17482 got applied to
> the 4.0 branch but not to the 4.1.0-dev trunk.  Is it not needed on the
> trunk?

I assumed it wasn't, since the code in termcap and terminfo has changed,
but actually it looks like it is.  In particulary this chunk of code:

    pm->sets.cfn = NULL;
    pm->gets.cfn = strgetfn;
    pm->sets.ifn = NULL;
    pm->gets.ifn = intgetfn;

clearly doesn't take account of the fact that sets and gets are unions.

I'll see if I can dig out the bits to copy over, since there was an
extra patch after 4.0.6.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.

* Re: Old unapplied patches
@ 2002-10-07 13:28 ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2002-10-07 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

 --- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:
> Oliver proposed a fix for the nc/netcat/nedit-nc confusion back in
> 16815.
> It doesn't appear that anything ever came of it.  Or was there
> another fix that I've overlooked?

I didn't commit 16815 but later posted a more general patch which added
the _pick_variant function. So as far as I'm aware, the confusion is
solved. If you think otherwise, please say.

It never went on 4.0 because it was easier to just leave the netcat
completion off the 4.0 branch.

Oliver

http://uk.my.yahoo.com