Here is a patch that adds a new LASTSEARCH zle parameter that provides read-only access to the last string used in a zle incremental search command. Before there was no way to access this value directly; and indirectly only via the vi-repeat-find widgets. This could be used to implement some sort of history for incremental search. I use incremental search a lot. I repeatedly use a set of search strings during a session to get previous commands. I made this into a ZLE parameter (e.g. HISTNO, LASTWIDGET) rather than a global parameter (e.g. widgets & keymaps), since LASTSEARCH was like ZLE parameters. Though it seemed to me that LASTWIDGET, along with other ZLE parameters could potentially be useful globally. If I don't hear complaints, I'll check this in tomorrow. -FR. __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com