zsh-workers
* Re: Refactoring _bsd_pkg
       [not found]   ` <20030102153706.GA7459@gulag.guild.uwa.edu.au>
@ 2003-01-02 17:21     ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2003-01-02 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Devenish; +Cc: zsh-workers

On 2 Jan, James Devenish wrote:

> Yes, that's fine, I have attached a diff for the beast, only improving

Thanks

> pkd_delete, and pkg_info. I also replaced tabs with spaces since the
> file seemed to have a mixture, and that's made the patch a bit large.
> This is just a heads-up and I don't really intent on anyone feeling
> willing to commit this verbatim -- it's night-time here and I'll have

I've had a cursory glance through it and it all looks fine to me. Can
$(arch -s) be safely replaced by $MACHTYPE?

When you've got it to a point you're happy with, let me know and it can
then be committed.

> another look at it tomorrow. (And the person with the CC of my post is
> the OpenBSD port maintainer for zsh, so he may have something useful to
> add.)

Except I got a delivery failure for him so he may not see the whole
conversation.

> pkg_add still doesn't work quite right because it always has some
> directories (those matching the pattern /*) in the completion list,
> even if my current directory is not /.

This is in _bsd_pkg_pkgfiles() right?

This bit looks suspicious:

  paths=( "${(@)${(@s.:.)PKG_PATH}:#}" )
  _files "$@" -g '*.t[bg]z' && ret=0
  (( $#path )) && _files "$@" -W paths -g '*.t[bg]z' && ret=0
  compadd "$@" - $pkgsdir/*.t[bg]z && ret=0

The paths= line results in $paths containing a single empty element if
PKG_PATH is not set. Does PKG_PATH have a default value?
And shouldn't
  (( $#path )) &&
be
  (( $#paths )) &&

Can you do the whole thing as one _files line, something like this:

paths=( . $pkgsdir ${(s.:.)PKG_PATH} )
_files "$@" -W paths -g '*.t[bg]z'

> PS. I replaced '\'' with '', but maybe that's not portable? Also, I

That depends on the rcquotes option. You can only depend on those options
listed in $_comp_options (of which rcquotes is not one). I tend to stick
the whole line in double quotes to make it more readable.

Oliver

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

* Re: Refactoring _bsd_pkg
@ 2003-01-02 17:34       ` James Devenish
From: James Devenish @ 2003-01-02 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Kiddle; +Cc: zsh-workers

In message <3190.1041528082@finches.logica.co.uk>
on Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:21:22PM +0100, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> > another look at it tomorrow. (And the person with the CC of my post is
> > the OpenBSD port maintainer for zsh, so he may have something useful to
> > add.)
>
> Except I got a delivery failure for him so he may not see the whole
> conversation.

Re: David Lebel, I got no delivery errors and am corresponding with his
at the present minute. This is interesting, as according inference from
the mail Date headers, there are 13 hours of time difference between us.

In message <3190.1041528082@finches.logica.co.uk>
on Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:21:22PM +0100, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> I've had a cursory glance through it and it all looks fine to me. Can
> $(arch -s) be safely replaced by $MACHTYPE?

I will check with him, as he has more OpenBSD experience than I.

> When you've got it to a point you're happy with, let me know and it can
> then be committed.

Thanks, I will repost my suggestions tomorrow (with the guiding advice
you have about the paths).

> > pkg_add still doesn't work quite right because it always has some
> > directories (those matching the pattern /*) in the completion list,
> > even if my current directory is not /.
>
> This is in _bsd_pkg_pkgfiles() right?

Mmm.

> This bit looks suspicious:
>
>   paths=( "${(@)${(@s.:.)PKG_PATH}:#}" )
[...etc...]

I was not clear on the exact mode of operation of that portion, but I
will continue to try to arrive at a possible equivalent that makes
sense with respect to OpenBSD behaviour (may have to introduce another
case clause).

> > PS. I replaced '\'' with '', but maybe that's not portable? Also, I
>
> That depends on the rcquotes option. You can only depend on those options
> listed in $_comp_options (of which rcquotes is not one). I tend to stick
> the whole line in double quotes to make it more readable.

Good plan. I will modify my patch to do that, then. As I only stumbled
across _bsd_pkg today, it seems to me to have a few oddities/
non-neatnesses that may be "legacy" matters (if you know what I mean).

Thanks.