zsh-workers
* Please, help with the spam...
@ 2003-01-20 14:43 DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-01-20 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh

    Hi all :))

    That f*cking 'big@boss.com' is spamming me not thru zsh, as
usual, but to my own address. The problem is that I only have the
address of Ecurie-Levy.com (obviously forged) to contact with its
ISP. I read here, a few days ago, that someone contacted with the ISP
of this stupid, or something like that.

    If you could tell me who to wrote to for solving this issue I
will appreciate :))

    Raúl

* Re: Please, help with the spam...
@ 2003-01-20 18:40 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2003-01-20 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh

On Jan 20,  3:43pm, DervishD wrote:
}
}     That f*cking 'big@boss.com' is spamming me not thru zsh, as
} usual, but to my own address.

The big@boss.com mail is a worm (virus), not a spam.  There's no single
point of origin from which it can be stopped.  If you can't have it
filtered out by your ISP or some such, you're just going to have to live
with it until it runs its course and dies off.

* Re: Please, help with the spam...
@ 2003-01-20 18:47   ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2003-01-20 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Zsh

    Hi Bart :)

> }     That f*cking 'big@boss.com' is spamming me not thru zsh, as
> } usual, but to my own address.
> The big@boss.com mail is a worm (virus), not a spam.

    Oops :((( I didn't noticed the attach, a binary file.

> filtered out by your ISP or some such, you're just going to have to live
> with it until it runs its course and dies off.

    Well, I hope this is not big-time ;))) Thanks for the
information, Bart :)

    Raúl

* Re: Please, help with the spam...
@ 2003-01-20 19:00   ` Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 2003-01-20 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Zsh

In the last episode (Jan 20), Bart Schaefer said:
> On Jan 20,  3:43pm, DervishD wrote:
> } That f*cking 'big@boss.com' is spamming me not thru zsh, as usual,
> } but to my own address.
>
> The big@boss.com mail is a worm (virus), not a spam.  There's no
> single point of origin from which it can be stopped.  If you can't
> have it filtered out by your ISP or some such, you're just going to
> have to live with it until it runs its course and dies off.

For more info:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.a@mm.html
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99950.htm

I find it interesting that McAfee recently downgraded the severity
while Symantec upgraded it :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com