zsh-workers
* Re: PATCH: perforce completion problems: doesn't use supplied p4 flags
@ 2003-08-20 11:08 Felix Rosencrantz
From: Felix Rosencrantz @ 2003-08-20 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zw

> I've made it use all of them, let me know if this causes problems.
> (Hmm, it shouldn't use -x or -G, but those aren't common interactively
> and you can't complete for -x anyway, and it shouldn't use -V, but you
> can't complete for that either.)

That will cause problems.  Sometimes I use "-G" from the command line, I
use/test it with a python filter.   (btw -x seems broken to me, not the
completer, the command.)  Also, the "-Ztag" flag changes the  output format,
which is likely to cause problems for the completer.

> > Also the completer doesn't complete the "p4 -Ztag"  flag.
>
> I can't find any documentation for this, it's either old or only used
> with a subset of commands.
Not particularlly documented, except through the wonders of Google. :) It
changes the output format on some commands, which can sometimes be useful with
a grep.  Also, there is -vrpc, but I haven't found that particularly useful.

Though, I think this change will help quite a bit as it is.  Thanks Peter.
-FR.
--- Felix Rosencrantz <f_rosencrantz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The p4 completer doesn't seem to use the p4 flags provided to do completion.
>
> For example if I do a:  "p4 -p perforce_host2:1666 client <TAB>"
> It doesn't make use of the -p flag when trying to do completions for possible
> clients.  It uses the default.  There are other flags that should also be
> carried along when generating completions for some items like user/password.
>
> Also the completer doesn't complete the "p4 -Ztag"  flag.
>
> -FR.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

* perforce completion problems: doesn't use supplied p4 flags
@ 2003-08-18 14:16 Felix Rosencrantz