On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:52:16PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote: > As I said before, there's nowhere in struct param to store the > character; else it's not that hard. Maybe you can see a trick. Here's my trick: use "ct" (it's already multi-use). A tied variable is already excluded from being a special type of integer, so my change just excludes the "ct" from being taken as a field width. See if you can see any problems with this. I didn't document it yet, but the -S option currently takes an integer because that was the only option-parsing currently supported. If folks like this kludge, that can be improved. Example usage: typeset -T -S 32 PAGER pager That would space-separate the $PAGER var from the $pager array. ..wayne..