zsh-workers
From: Danek Duvall <duvall@emufarm.org>
To: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
Cc: zsh-workers@sunsite.dk
Subject: Re: Subshell exiting, suspend problem
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:30:39 -0700	[thread overview]

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:54:55AM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:

> Can you check that you can reproduce the bit about failing to detect
> tcsetpgrp properly?

I can't.  At this point, it's been long enough that I can't remember
what I might have done it to push it one way or the other.

However ... I plucked the test to check if tcsetpgrp() works or not out,
and ran it with stdin redirected from /dev/null, and it promptly fails.
The test is only run, however, if test -t 0 is true.  I must have
somehow hooked stdin up to something that was a terminal, but wasn't the
controlling terminal?

I'm a bit confused, especially since our build script has changed
recently to redirect all stdin from /dev/null, but I'm not using that
version of the build script, etc.  At any rate, I've lost the ability to
reproduce what I did, unless I stumble across the magic incantation
again.

> BTW, I could not reproduce your problem at all. If I run configure in
> the background, it just stops during the "checking if tcsetpgrp()
> actually works..." test. This patch fixes this part.

Yeah, I still see that.

If I have time, and can reproduce the problem, I'll send out another
message. If I don't, I'll just mutter quietly in a dark corner
somewhere.  :)

Thanks,
Danek